Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Whitegoods Engineer
101089104

OUR COOKER APPEARS TO BE GIVING INCORRECT READINGS. WE HAVE

OUR COOKER APPEARS TO BE GIVING INCORRECT READINGS. WE HAVE BEEN TESTING THE OVEN TEMP AGAINST A THEROMETER and it shows a 30 degree ditterence

Good Morning. Welcome to JA I'm Gavin and I'll help you with your oven issue

Are you able to give me the model number please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
model no zb 865x
seriel bno 73403070

Thank you. I'll just pull the details up

I'm sorry that model isn't recognised. Are you able to double check please. If there is a number on there starting with a 9 that would be even better

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
9479 12429

Great I'll try that now

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the last I gave was wrong it should be###-##-####
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cancel the last no, it should be###-##-#### sorry.

Thats the same as the last

Haha no problem I'll try the new one

Perfect! got the details now. I'll just take a look

We normally give a tolerance of 10 degrees for the type of thermostat that your oven has so 30 is well out. To fix this you will need to replace the thermostat. I'll post a link to the thermostat for you at the end. It's not an overly difficult job to do if you would like me to type instructions for you.

https://shop.zanussi.co.uk/Cooking/Cookers-Ovens-%26-Hobs/Thermostats/Adjustable-Oven-Thermostat/p/3890796083

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please

No problem, I'll type it up for you now

Switch off at wall and unplug if possible

Open the door or remove if possible

In the back of the oven at the top you will be able to see the end of the thermostat clipped in. You need to unclip it

Pull off the knobs and buttons from the controls. They maybe stiff but will come off

The oven is held in (or should be) by screws to the left and right hand side of the oven unscrew these and that will allow the oven to be removed from its housing.

Once removed you need to undo the screws that hold the top panel on and the back panel.

If you can access the screws that hold the thermostat in place unscrew them now, if not you need to remove the screws that hold the control panel in place.

Once you've removed all this you'll be able to see how to swap the thermostat with the new one.

If you need any more help please reply to these messages.

Please give my help and advice a star rating

Many Thanks

Gavin