Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My 3 year old class A 16 Dimplex ASHP is playing up. We get

Customer Question

My 3 year old class A 16 Dimplex ASHP is playing up. We get a recurring fault code F56 and the backup space heater keeps coming on. It’s 8C here what can we do?
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 months ago.

Hi Joyce, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

F56 and F57 both relate to an inability to generate heat and therefor calling the backup space heater to be activated.

If you have tried power cycling the appliance (switching it on and off) with no improvement, the next stage is to get a heating engineer out as its likely a hardware failure.