Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Whitegoods Engineer
101089104

We have a Leisure Roma 100 range cooker. My partner has

Good evening we have a Leisure Roma 100 range cooker. My partner has removed the oven doors in order to clean them. He removed the brackets that hold the door and in doing the receiving plate for the screws has slipped behind the frame. How can we get access to retrieve the plate please?
Oh no! I did this the first time I removed the door as well. It’s a bit of a pain of a job to do unfortunately. Roma 100 is a generic model could you tell me if yours is dual fuel, all gas or all electric?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi it's all electric with ceramic hob.
Ok there’s 2 ways you can do this. The first is to unscrew the side panel at the back and hold it back while you reach to the front and feel for the fallen receiver then one of you redox the door whilst the other holds the receiver in place it’s not the easiest way but the other method requires a lot more stripping down. I’ll type that one now
In this method you remove the whole panel so you’ll still need to take the rear screws out. The screws that hold the front of the panel in are behind the control panel so you will need to take it off to access it. There are screw that hold it in place underneath it and I think from memory also above it so you may have to remove the entire hob to do this.