Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a Bosch Classixx 5. It stopped mid cycle yesterday

I have a Bosch Classixx 5. It stopped mid cycle yesterday (actually I think I leant on it), with 27 minutes left to run and the lock button showing. Wouldn't do anything except beep. I drained the machine and was then able to take the washing out. I have tried the reset programme (6 clock, 2 secs, press spin at 7, 2 secs etc) but this has had no effect.
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Machine is probably about ten years old (real guesstimate) and is a Classixx 6 1200 Express.
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well if there's something I can fiddle with to fix it yes. If not, then I'll need to call someone.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't really think of anything else to tell you. Just need to know how to clear this and see if it then works.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Damn, so sorry, it's a Classixx 6

Try turning it off at the mains power for 30 mins, then turn back on and see if that clears it.

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sadly not.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you but I do not need to call. I am a competent typist and quite happy to communicate this way.

Yes, not to worry about the phone call request which is generated by the system.

What state is the machine in now, is it showing any errors, flashing lights, etc?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hasn't changed. When I switched it back on it came up showing 27 minutes and the lock symbol.

Is it the child lock that's on?

If so, press and hold the start/pause button for about 5 seconds then it should take the child lock off and you should be back to normal operation.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You are a star! Thank you - problem solved.

That's great news, sorry I didn't think of that straight away!

I hope my answer was helpful, if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich