Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Whitegoods Engineer
101089104

We have AEG A72710GNX0 freezer We think the door was left

We have AEG A72710GNX0 freezer
We think the door was left open. When er discovered this alarm indicator was flashing and it read -24degrees we switched off and set to -18 but alarm indicator still flashing what can I do now.
Hi, thanks for choosing JA I’m Gavin and I’ll help you with your freezer today.
I’m just bringing your model details up this may take a couple of minutes but I will be right back to help you
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you it’s a large upright freezer
No problem. While I look through the information could you tell me if you can see any Ice build up behind or above the drawers please
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there is in the very top ice draw
Great. I’ve got an answer for you I’ll just type it up now
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you I’ll await your text
If the door has been left open this can cause a build up of ice behind panels that you won’t be able to see. On your freezer all the cooling is done at the top and then the cold air is circulated by a fan at the back. When ice builds up at the top it covers a sensor and fools the freezer into thinking it’s cold enough and it stops running. The sensor that reads the air temperature is in a different place and so sets the alarm off to warn you it is not cold enough.
To repair your freezer you’ll need to perform a full defrost to get rid of the ice build up. I use a steamer to speed the process up. Once the ice behind the top panel is gone your freezer will be back to normal.
Sorry but long winded that one. If you need anymore help or advice I’m here to help just click reply. Please remember to click a star rating for my help today :)
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Ill do that