Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Whitegoods Engineer
101089104

Why is my Kenwood integrated dishwasher washing plates with

Why is my Kenwood integrated dishwasher washing plates with cold water? What has gone wrong?
Hi, thanks for choosing JA I’m Gavin and I’ll help you with your dishwasher question
There are a couple of common reasons for not heating. Have you tried using a different program? and did it still wash cold?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. I have just run it on "Rapid" and the water is again cold.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am fairly deaf so typing suits me better, if you don't mind.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Gavin, I have now run the machine on "Rapid" and again on "Economy" and the water remained stone cold for each programme.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My explanation why I prefer staying with type seems to have disappeared, so I shall repeat that I am fairly deaf so reading text is the easier option.
Sorry for the delay I’ve just come online. If you were offered a phone call it wasn’t me it’s auto generated.
Could you provide me with your model number please I just want to look into the parts list
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Unfortunately I don't know the model number, nor where to find it.
The model will be on the rim of the door when you open it either in the sides or the top. I can tell you the most likely fault without it but with the model I can be more accurate and provide you a link to the part
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have now found a label which shows KENWOOD KID60510 Srl 1341 S/N 023976 Capacity 12 settings 1930W, which may give the information you seek?
Thank you. I couldn’t find the exact model you gave me but there is a KID60S10 I think the ‘s’ possibly looks like a ‘5’ . There’s no thermostat listed for your model instead there is a pressure switch that allows the heater to be activated. The first thing you should check is that all the filters and spray arms are clear as this will effect the water flow to the pump and can prevent the pressure switch from being activated. If that’s clear you will need to remove the dishwasher and access the wash pump to make sure there are now blockages there. If both of these checks are ok you will need to replace the heater. I’ll attach a link to the heater for you.
Please click the star rating before you leave. If you need any more help please reply to this message and I’ll be happy to help youhttps://www.4ourhouse.co.uk/dishwasher-flow-through-heater-220240v/product.pl?pid=1934956&query=Kid60s10
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Many thanks. I now have a clear picture of where the fault lies and what needs to be done about it. As a disabled octogenarian I know I need professional help and I know where I can go for it. Thanks again. Harold
Thanks Harold good luck with the repair. Please remember to give my answer a star rating before you go