Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Tumble dryer working OK with no clothes in add clothes trips

Tumble dryer working OK with no clothes in add clothes trips every 5 mins new hose new filter any ideas
Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Hoover infinity about 5 years old on every day
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have tried the easy things just wonder if I might be an easy fix
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really just anything that may help , or is it new dryer time

Do you have the model number please.

Also when you set it going is the drum turning ok with a load in it?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hoover infinity VHV 781 VC he'd it's hot and drum is turning , new hose fitted and new filter , outside vent is opening , it just keeps stopping regardless of volume of clothes

Ok when you say it trips after 5 minutes is it tripping the electrics in your house?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nope just switches off blank screen then after a gap beepes and lights up

Ok im with you.

In this case its either a poor wiring connection or the control unit or the power supply to the dryer.

What you need to do is pull the dryer out and check the plug top. Try it on another plug socket and see how it goes from there. If it works fine in another socket then we know its a faulty socket here.

But if its still the same in another socket then you need to remove the top panel of the dryer and check the wiring in there.

Look at the back were the power cable comes in and check to see if theres any burning in there.

But if all thats fine then im afraid its a faulty control unit which would need to be replaced. But personally i think it will be best to replace the dryer rather then fixing the control unit as they are quite expensive.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I though so , I have done all of the checking plugs etc earlier , no visible damage but I use it a lot ok thanks , new one it is

Ok in this case its the control unit at fault which just isnt worth fixing im afraid, Sorry.