Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Indesit XWE 91683 Washing Machine turns on briefly, lights

Indesit XWE 91683 Washing Machine turns on briefly, green lights flash, makes a triple beep sound rising in pitch then completely turns off... no sound or lights. Have cleaned out pump pre-chamber through lower front panel, but no difference. Any ideas?

So when you turn it on is it beeping and turning itself off even before you try and start a cycle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's right.

Ok what you can do is check the push buttons. In the past ive seen it were liquid can spill down the front and this gets into the push buttons and can cause them to stick. Then when you turn it on because the button is stuck it can turn itself off again.

Make sure the power is turned off and get a dry scrubbing brush and see if this makes a difference.

If that isnt the issue then its an electronic fault here. It will be either the front console board or the main board at the bottom at the back.

Its a case of replacing the front board first if you wanted to try it as this is a stright forward swap over. Were as the main board at the back at he bottom has to be programmed up so for that you need to get indesit in as they have to use there laptop to program this up.

But for the fault you describe its sounding like the front control board which can be replaced by yourself.

But if you dont fancy doing the above then Indesit do a fixed price repair for £130 all in. So no matter what parts it needs thats all it will cost. So if its both the front and the bottom boards then thats all it will cost.

So try the above first if you can and see what you find from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, buttons cleaned but to confirm I have removed the front PCB and it still has same behaviour when outside the machine. There is a real hot spot on the back of it though just beneath the connection so I suspect it may be faulty. How do I test this PCB? I have a multimeter etc.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Image of PCB attached.

Im afraid there no test you can do on these as it all they are all tiny resistors and diodes which we have no idea what valves they are as not even Indesit have this as they will just buy the parts in all ready made.

Im afraid for this is a case of replacing the board to see if it works as thats what we have to do with faulty boards im afraid as theres just no way to test them, Sorry.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where can I buy it from cheaply? I can't find it on the Indesit site nor by doing a Google search?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have attached the serial number on the sticker of the PCB.

I can get the part number no problem but theres a few different versions of the control board.

If you open the door there should be a white sticker on the inside with the model, serial and product code. If you can post a picture of this i can then get the correct part number for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There you go.

Thanks for that.

The part number for the front board is C00378701.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Great, cheers... where is the cheapest site to order it from?

This is the cheapest ive found online.

Click here