Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Candy FCM9 washing machine. It was working

I have a Candy FCM9 washing machine. It was working perfectly today did 2 washes and after clearing the filter which had debris in it, the display went out completely. There is clearly power reaching the machine because it still beeps when I select a program but there is no display and nothing else happens.. I have tried removing and replacing the filter again. Any thoughts please before I call my landlord?
Many thanks,
Tim

Can you double check the model number please as that number isnt bringing anything up. If you look on the sticker on the inside of the door it should be there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Daniel,
Hopefully this is better?
.GV159TWC3S/3-80

Ok if the power supply is fine to the washer then if theres nothing lighting up then its either the main power board or loose wires.

Checking the filter wont have caused any damaged or caused it to loose the display as theres nothing down there to cause this.

So if you have tried another socket and its still not working then if you want you can try and remove the top panel of the washer and from there you can check the wiring plugs. Given them all a good push on incase theres a loose connection on there.

But if all thats fine then im afraid its looking like the control board is the fault here and for this you will be best getting the landlord to sort out as these are very expensive to replace.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will give it a go. Thanks

No worries, You very welcome.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There was a loose plug inside!
Many thanks Daniel - you are a star!

Nice one, Glad to hear you sorted it and thanks for letting me know.