Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

I have a Baumatic Dishwasher model BYDWI640 which before we

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Baumatic Dishwasher model BYDWI640 which before we went on holiday for a week suddenly had the GLASS programme light flashing which by all accounts says there is water in the base. We got as much water out as we could but still the programme flashed. On return from holiday the machine was fine and used it on 2 occasions but then when trying to use it again the same programme flashes. How can this be reset or is there another issue. We have had no prior issues with the machine for the last 3 years. Thanks in advance
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Richard Hill replied 1 month ago.

Clearing out the water (so that the sensor does not detect the water) and turning off and on at the mains power will probably get it going again, but water in the base could be caused by a number of issues which need to be rectified.

Ensure the machine is turned off at the mains power when doing any work on the machine and mopping up the water.

1. Check that the outlet hose is not kinked or crushed.

2. Check that there are no blockages in the drain hose or the drainage system that the appliance is connected to.

3. The drain pipe may be placed in too high a position.

4. Check for leaks inside the machine.

I hope that helps, if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. A couple of things.
Firstly, should there be some water just below the filters on the drain outlet in the machine?
Secondly, having removed the outlet pipe from the drain system there was a some water in the pipe. Not a lot but some. As the dishwasher is integrated (and difficult to remove) I managed to get some of the water out but sounded like there was still some in the pipe.
Now I assumed that the outlet pipe from the machine was connected to the water retention in the drain in the machine but when I blew down the pipe there was no movement in the water level in the machine but some came out of a 'vent' on the side of the machine. Any ideas??

Yes, there may be a little water below the bottom of the cylindrical filter - ensure the filters are cleaning and that no debris has got through into the drain outlet. Also, check the waste and drainage pipework for any blockages in that. I'm not sure about the vent in the side, is water leaking onto the floor? if necessary can you remove the plinth and look underneath?

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. The outlet pipe is connected to the sink drainage system and they are running away fine. Also, as there was little water in the pipe i assume that the water is running away fine. There doesnt appear to be any residual water on the floor. Despite removing the 2 screws each side of the plinth on the lower front it didnt seem to want to move so didnt force it..Can the programme be reset. I did try holding the P programme button down and then turning the machine on but that hasnt worked.

As I understand it you may need to try the P button reset a few times before it resets. Use the power button to turn the machine off and on and hold the P button down until it comes to life.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Have tried that on different occasions without success. Is the last straw to try and get the machine out from the enclosure and check the outlet pipe before calling an engineer??

Yes, I would say so. My other suspicion is that as it's not responding to the reset is that there's a fault with the Control circuit.

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich