Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG MC1763-M Microwave Oven, built-in, and the

I have an AEG MC1763-M Microwave Oven, built-in, and the stop button has broken and apparently fallen into the innards of the machine. Is it economically repairable?

If the push button has fallen in then the support frame has broken. Now this is a simple part and the frame is only £8 direct from AEG.

But if you need an engineer in to fix this then you can add on roughly £40-50 for labour depending on the are you are in. So weather its worth fixing i would say yes as total part and labour roughly you are looking at about £60 which is a lot cheaper then getting a new one.

But if you want to try and fix yourself then you need to remove the microwave from the unit and remove the outer metal casing.

But before touching anything at all in there you must discharge the high voltage capacitor as even when unplugged they can store upto 4500v in there.

Once you have discharged this then you can remove the front control panel on the front.

Then remove the control board and you can swap the frame over from there.

Click here for the part

Hope this helps you but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK, many thanks! - will go for a repair.