Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Rangemaster DXD 910 fridge freezer. It is still

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Rangemaster DXD 910 fridge freezer. It is still making its usual humming noise but the fridge appears to have stopped working as products warm inside. The temperature for the fridge is showing 15 degreescaltho inhave pressed express chill now. The freezer contents are still frozen but the temperature is - 0.7 degrees. I have also pressed express freeze. All the lights are on in the fridge and control panel but fridge definitely gone warm. It made a funny noise last night but now sounds normal but know something must be wrong because of warm temperature. Time for a new one? It is about 5 yrs old that’s all... thanks
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 months ago.

Hi Debra, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

The fridge gets its coolant from the freezer, so if the freezer isnt operating at -15 (or below) its likely that is the cause why the fridge is so warm.

Have you noticed the freezer temp has started to drop since pressing the fast \ express freeze?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
HI James, yes the freezer has started to drop too. Was -0.8 earlier, now -0.4
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi James , Further to last message, the freezer does now appear to be working! However, the fridge is not.We had put both on ‘fast freeze’and the freezer has certainly gone colder and, my husband just tells me that the fridge has gone 1° cooler as well but it still feels fairly warm inside... it’s still showing 15 degrees though. If anything, I think it is the fridge which is the problem? Thanks Debra
Expert:  JamesI replied 8 months ago.

Hi Debra I am sorry about the delay in responding I hadnt seen the notification of your reply.

Is the freezer now at -16?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Too late, we have up waiting and have now bought a new one
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Too late, we gave up waiting and have now bought a new one