Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Hotpoint oven HUE16PS - oven light blew now unable to set

hotpoint oven HUE16PS - oven light blew now unable to set timer. Any advice much appreciated

Hi John,

Is there any power to the oven?

If not, has the fuse blown or the RCD tripped in your 'fuse box'?

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All other functions on the oven working. When the timer is set the oven comes on instead of switching off until the set time is reached. Any thoughts?

Hi John,

Is it 61PS rather than 16PS?

If so, can you try the following please:

1. Press the Set Time (clock) button until the icon (END OF COOKING or DURATION or TIMER) corresponding to the setting you wish to cancel and the digits on the display are flashing.

2. Press the “-” button until the digits 00:00 appear on the display.

3. Press and hold the “+” and “-” buttons; this will cancel all the settings selected previously, including timer settings.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Apologies it is the 61p. Had already tried as you suggested after looking on "Google". However there is no Set Time button on the 61P, only the "-" , Clock and "+" and pressing and holding the Clock button only cycles the four functions. Having already spent £20 without any success I do not wish to spend a further £15 on a telephone conversation.

Hi John,

Please ignore the phone call request that's auto-generated by the system.

The manual refers to the Clock button as the Set Time button, so sorry for any confusion.

Try selecting each of the 4 options and then performing steps 2. and 3. above.

Hopefully resetting it will return the oven to normal operation.

Best Regards,

Rich

Hi John,

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Richard
Still no joy with the timer. Am now convinced the surge when the bulb blew has damaged the timer pcb. As a replacement will cost £85+ I have ordered a new cooker. Many thanks for your help.
John
Hi John,
Thanks for your update and for giving me a positive rating.
Best regards,
Rich