Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Whitegoods Engineer
101089104

My Zanussi oven heats up to temp but after about 12 min

Hi my Zanussi oven heats up to temp but after about 12 min switches off completly and after a further 10min turns its self back on again, whats happening?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I say turns off I mean even the oven light goes out, but the clock and the fan are still working.
Hi, welcome to JA I’m Gavin and I’ll help you with your oven problem
After the oven has turned off does it come back on 5 minutes later?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Gavin, no it comes back on in approx 9mins.
Thank you. It was more the fact that it just suddenly comes back on that I really wanted to know.
Do you have the model number or better still the product number that starts with a 9
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The model number I have is 112121 if that helps also the serial number is *****
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Gavin I have just gone to the oven and found a number starting with###-##-####00
The ZOA one is fine thank you. I know what causes this to happen I’m just going to have a look through the parts list to see if I can narrow it down to a particular part for you
Are you able to go to the oven at the minute to do a quick functional check for me?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sure what is it you would like me to do?
Just turn the grill on and see if you can feel air being blown out near the top of the door
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have done what you asked and yes there is air coming out the top of the oven door.
Thanks for checking that out. Your fault is going to be a small thermostat that controls the cooling fan. When the temperature of the oven reaches a certain point the thermostat is supposed to turn the cooling fan on. If the fan doesn’t kick in the heat turns the clock off and in turn the whole cooker until it cools back down. I’ve had a look on the parts list and it looks to be position 518v (see link) but it may be worth phoning to order one as there is another thermostat that is near this that is not interchangeable. The part you want is the ‘cut in’ thermostat for the cooling fan.I hope this answers your question. Please remember to click a star rating for my help today and if you need any more help or advice just click reply.Thank you
https://shop.zanussi.co.uk/search?text=94971694100#
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Gavin I will look this part up and order one, and hopefully this will be the last of my problems.Yes I will leave feed back,thanks once again.
You’re welcome. Many Thanks