Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Zanussi ZHC6234X 60cm chimney hood extractor - 5 years

My Zanussi ZHC6234X 60cm chimney hood extractor - 5 years old but not often used - starts making a noise when turned on high but no longer works. Sounds like a worn out motor ????
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just seen an Electrolux sticker up underneath the hood. Same code.

To be honest theres nothing much in these. You have the switch and the motor thats all. So as you have the noise and the motor isnt running then the motor unit is the fault.

Now on these it comes as a complete unit and a stright swap over. Very easy to fit as theres only 2 screws holding it on and 2 push fit wiring blocks so very easy to fit.

But the bad news is these are very expensive. You are looking at £250 for the motor.

Click here for the part

So if you want to fix this then the motor unit will need to be replaced and that will sort it from there for you,

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The complete hood only cost me £195, five years ago. Magnet are talking about a cheaper replacement for just over £100.