Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Have a Zanussi WD 2290 Wont Start? --Main pilot light on OK

Hi Have a Zanussi WD 2290 Wont Start ? --Main pilot light on OK

Can you double check the model number please as the number you posted is for a washer dryer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi .Thought you're gone for today .. Zanussi WD 2290 is correct Clothes Washer & spin drier in one
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi .Thought you're gone for today .. Zanussi WD 2290 is correct Clothes Washer & spin drier in one . Have Read the Manual. Power Light on . Control Knob doesn't seem to be functioning & not turning Any function on.

Arh ok so it is a washer. It jut says in the info above its a cooker thats why i asked.

In this case if the washer isnt starting but the power is fine then it will be either the door lock itself or the timer.

Now the bad news here is nearly every part in there is obsolete. Its only the heater thats listed as availble still. So no matter which part it is weather its the door lock or the timer im afraid you wont be able to get the parts for this.

But if you want to check it just in case it a bad connections on the wiring then you need to remove the top panel and there you will see the timer. Don the front of the washer is the door lock as well.

You can check the wires for a visable burnt wiring. But on these theres 100s of wires when you remove the top on these.

Sorry its not the news you wanted to hear so if you did need to get someone in to check it rather then wasting money on call out charges for them you say they cannot get the parts you will be best off putting the money towards a new washer.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks For That -I realise its a bit of a Relic.-But it Was working fine & i was trying to hold on to it for a few more months , Before replacing in a new Kitchen set .

Try checking the wiring in there as you never know it could be a bad connection. But anything else im afraid you will struggle for parts, Sorry.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Daniel ,Thanks very much . that helped to identify the issues & options open to me .As you pointed out my machine is old & no spare parts available.Also Call out charges would be involved if i were to proceed . Makes sense tp purchase a new one !!Thanks