Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a zanussi zoa35802 electric oven, approximately 2

I have a zanussi zoa35802 electric oven, approximately 2 years old.I noticed last night that the display (clock etc) was not lit. The oven is still operational, I changed the fuse and the display lit for a second and then went off again. If I turn the power off to the oven and switch it back on, the display lights up again for a secon and then goes off, but the oven and hob are still fully operational.What can you suggest please.ThanksStuart

If the oven is still working but the clock isnt lighting up then the clock itself is the fault here im afraid.

Ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault so its not uncommon for them to fail on these.

Click here for the part

Now its up to you if you replace it. As if you dont use the timer for cooking then it usually carrys on working ok like this still as its just the display thats faulty so the oven carrys on working fine.

But if you do use the timer or you want it fixing then replace the timer on there and that will cure the fault here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Daniel, I’m no expert like you, but I’m not bad with general DIY etc, is it quite straight forward replacing it?Thanks

Its pretty easy fix to be honest. If you not bad with DIY and have a few tools then i think you should be fine.

Just remove the oven from the unit and then remove the top panel.

There you will see the timer. This is just clipped onto the frame on the front.

Release it from there and swap the 4 wires over and thats it. You can clip it back into place there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Daniel
So I’ve got the oven and and removed the lid and can see the timer, how does it un clip please? Thanks

Its just small tabs on the timer that holds it on.

Look on each side and heres 2 on each side. Use a small flat screwdriver and push the small tabs in and it will come off from there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorted now thanks

Nice one.