Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a De Dietrich induction hob, DTI749 glass top

I have a De Dietrich induction hob, DTI749 glass top dimension 92.9x51. Can I get the glass top replaced, it’s cracked
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Today
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No - looking for a repairer
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Im sorry this isnt the news you want to hear but ive just checked the spares list for this and the glass top is now listed as obsolete. So you cannot buy the glass top for these anymore.

One thing you can if you have house insurance then they usually cover glass. Ive replaced and exchanged many hot top where the glass has cracked as its actually covered on most house insurance policys. So worth checking with them as if your covered then they should get a new hob for you.

But as to fixing this im afraid as the glass top is now listed as obsolete you wont get the part.

Sorry its not the news you wanted to hear but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Your welcome.