How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 18343
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Daniel is online now

I have a De Dietrich induction hob, DTI749 glass top

This answer was rated:

I have a De Dietrich induction hob, DTI749 glass top dimension 92.9x51. Can I get the glass top replaced, it’s cracked
Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Today
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No - looking for a repairer
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No


Im sorry this isnt the news you want to hear but ive just checked the spares list for this and the glass top is now listed as obsolete. So you cannot buy the glass top for these anymore.

One thing you can if you have house insurance then they usually cover glass. Ive replaced and exchanged many hot top where the glass has cracked as its actually covered on most house insurance policys. So worth checking with them as if your covered then they should get a new hob for you.

But as to fixing this im afraid as the glass top is now listed as obsolete you wont get the part.

Sorry its not the news you wanted to hear but if you need anymore info just get back to me.


Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Your welcome.

Daniel and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you