Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a glow warm betacom 24A combi boiler. It is installed

Customer Question

I have a glow warm betacom 24A combi boiler. It is installed in a caravan. I drained the sysyem before the winter but there wer still a couple of burst pipes. I've fixed the leaks and the boiler fires up. Radiators all heat up fully except one. I can't find the bleed screw on it and it remains only half hot. The problem is that when the boiler has been on for a few minutes it starts buzzing and vibrating quite badly. This is when using it for hot water or central heating. The noise stops as soon as you turn the tap off etc. Would an airlock do this? Thankyou
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Air in the system can cause vibration, but not to a point where it should be very noisy, I would think this is more likely the fan which has worked its way lose, since the fault wouldnt be present on H/W and C/H as they are two separate circuits.

Start by checking the fan and put you hear against the flue to see if that sounds where the noise is come from.

Let me know if you need anything further.