Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an old style beko washing machine and I am trying to

Customer Question

Hi I have an old style beko washing machine and I am trying to do a load. The door locks and then unlocks again about a minute later
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 16 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** in the UK. Can you give me the model number and product code please. This will be on a label inside the door. Product code usually starts with a 7............

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi it is a BEKO WMA 10W
Type 7750 HB
Serial No: 06-102040-01

OK once you have set up the program, closed the door and started the wash cycle does it fill with water and can you open the door during this fill process?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No what happens I hear the door lock and then it unlocks again within a minute and so the cycle doesn't start. It was working fine earlier

OK does timer move at all during this 75 seconds to 2.5 minutes?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Do u mean the programme dial? It did once or twice (I have tried a couple of times)
Sorry I cant do phone got poorly children and their currently asleep

Thats fine, does the timer (program dial) moves during this period and the drum moves in one direction and then the other and then the door opens?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The dial moves minimal Amount if at all and the drum doesn't move, not that I can hear

OK can you put it on a spin and tell me if it spins?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No it doesn't spin

OK at this point we need to do some much more complex tests with a multimeter are you able to do this?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What is a multi meter?

A multimeter is an electrical tester used to test for voltage, resistance and current. I guess from your response you are not familiar with the item?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I have looked online and recognise them now. I do not however have but can get one tomorrow from screw fix

OK if you want to have a go at this repair I can help you but my concern is that this is a very old washing machine with little value and you may end up spending more money trying to fix it than its worth. Secondly, if we do find out what is wrong with it you may not be able to get the parts. The model dates back to 2004. At this point you will have spent about £50 with more to follow when a replacement washing machine with warranty will only cost you £150. The choice is obviously yours so let me know if you want to continue?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Machine was bought second hand yesterday to get me through until I could afford a new one. What do u think is the issue?

You have either got a faulty programmer or a problem with a power supply to the programmer or from the programmer to the motor is my guess.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
OK I shall try get a multi meter today but have gotta take the baby to the doctors so I shall I contact back when got one is it easy enough to find the conversation again?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 15 days ago.

OK no problems. Just sign back on and you will see your question.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for your help but found another cheapie one
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 13 days ago.

I think you have made the correct decision.