bonzaco
bonzaco, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an old style beko washing machine and I am trying to

Customer Question

Hi I have an old style beko washing machine and I am trying to do a load. The door locks and then unlocks again about a minute later
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** in the UK. Can you give me the model number and product code please. This will be on a label inside the door. Product code usually starts with a 7............

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi it is a BEKO WMA 10W
Type 7750 HB
Serial No: 06-102040-01
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

OK once you have set up the program, closed the door and started the wash cycle does it fill with water and can you open the door during this fill process?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No what happens I hear the door lock and then it unlocks again within a minute and so the cycle doesn't start. It was working fine earlier
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

OK does timer move at all during this 75 seconds to 2.5 minutes?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Do u mean the programme dial? It did once or twice (I have tried a couple of times)
Sorry I cant do phone got poorly children and their currently asleep
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

Thats fine, does the timer (program dial) moves during this period and the drum moves in one direction and then the other and then the door opens?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The dial moves minimal Amount if at all and the drum doesn't move, not that I can hear
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

OK can you put it on a spin and tell me if it spins?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it doesn't spin
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

OK at this point we need to do some much more complex tests with a multimeter are you able to do this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What is a multi meter?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

A multimeter is an electrical tester used to test for voltage, resistance and current. I guess from your response you are not familiar with the item?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have looked online and recognise them now. I do not however have but can get one tomorrow from screw fix
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

OK if you want to have a go at this repair I can help you but my concern is that this is a very old washing machine with little value and you may end up spending more money trying to fix it than its worth. Secondly, if we do find out what is wrong with it you may not be able to get the parts. The model dates back to 2004. At this point you will have spent about £50 with more to follow when a replacement washing machine with warranty will only cost you £150. The choice is obviously yours so let me know if you want to continue?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Machine was bought second hand yesterday to get me through until I could afford a new one. What do u think is the issue?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

You have either got a faulty programmer or a problem with a power supply to the programmer or from the programmer to the motor is my guess.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK I shall try get a multi meter today but have gotta take the baby to the doctors so I shall I contact back when got one is it easy enough to find the conversation again?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

OK no problems. Just sign back on and you will see your question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your help but found another cheapie one
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

I think you have made the correct decision.