Kelly
Kelly, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Technician with over 30 years of experience.
11418111

I have a Samsung dryer DV80K6010KW. When turns on comes up

Customer Question

Hi I have a Samsung dryer DV80K6010KW. When turns on comes up wit HC fault. Can you help me? Thanks
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 1-2yrs
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When i ran the smart test says to call service
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Is the error occurring when you start a program or mid cycle?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When turning ON
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

The HC fault often is associated with a temp sensor fault, the last cycle were the clothes dried ok?

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Im having issue located this model is it just a dryer rather than a washer dryer?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Its just a dryer.
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Start by checking the continuity of the thermostat in the dryer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi, can you show me where the thermostat is located?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The HC error means there is a problem in the heating circuit. It does not indicate any one component is at fault but just that it is not heating. Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
where should I look?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

It would be prudent to first look at the heating element, the most obvious part whose failure would cause no heat. Can you access it and measure continuity through it, please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but wheres it located inside the dryer?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The element is mounted below the drum on the base of the cabinet. Access will be gained by removing the top panel, the control and the front panel, in that order.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i can see the fan. is it behind that?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

I am getting a diagram for you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

This is a heat pump model, I had to use a different lookup for International models. It uses a completely different system that will require advanced equipment to service. I would highly recommend calling for service but will place your question back to the list in case another may have some input.