JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Samsung dryer will no longer heat up

Customer Question

Samsung dryer will no longer heat up
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi Neale, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

So when you start a cycle the dryer starts up counts down, and at the end of the cyle finishes without error or incident but the clothes arent dry and the drum \ door isnt even warm?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Ok the most likely fault is the thermostat, which controls when the heat comes on.

You would need to strip the dryer down, run a cycle and check if your getting voltage to the heating element.

If your not getting voltage then it points to the thermostat being faulty, if you are getting voltage then that points to a faulty heater.

Let me know how you get on, and the model number of the appliance. Once I know the outcome I can direct you to the part.

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Do you need anything further?