JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have several Gigaset SL 400. They have worked well for

Customer Question

I have several Gigaset SL 400.
They have worked well for several years. Now one does not work and the screen flashes "no base". The top left hand corner of the screen has a round ring with a red blob on a stick on it.
On the menu screen the centre line of options does not show and neither does the top left option.
Help
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Hi John, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

No Base, means the phone has lost connection with the base.

The fact the other phones are connecting to the base rules out a fault on the base, does the message still appear when standing right next to the base and trying to make a outbound call?

Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Please also let me know when you go into Menu and Settings if you have the option for 'Registration'

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Each Gigaset phone in the house has its own base to which it connects. Phones are individually registered to their base and do not connect with other bases. The offending phone and base do not connect even if right next to each other.
I do indeed have a registration tab within menu. I have tried registering the offending handset. It searches for a while and then a message appears saying that the registration has failed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have cracked the problem.
It was not with the particular phone but with a Gigaset Repeater. now fixed
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 months ago.

Great, glad your working but the repeater should not have stopped the phone connecting to the base when right next to it.

At least you got to the bottom of the issue, was it just a case of restarting the repeater?

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 months ago.

So I can close the case please rate the service received using the star rating on this page.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 5 months ago.

Ive not heard back to you in some time do you need anything further before I close the case?