Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Acorn cooker extractor fan I have just purchased a

Customer Question

Acorn cooker extractor fan I have just purchased a replacement fan but the colour of wires are diferent the old fan has black,white,grey,blue and earth The new fan has black,white ,red brown no earth don’t what to connect can you help many thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi I still have not had answer about wiring on my acorn cooker fan thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

I may be able to help but I will need further details - firstly note that Acorn have ceased trading but their hoods were made mainly by Elica who are still trading. Could you let me have the full model number please - Ian.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
New fan k271898 old fan 146h
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

No I need the model number of the hood please, not the part number of the fan assembly

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Only number on there 1970
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Where did you get the new fan motor from, I may be able to track it back that way.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Spares to go via amazon thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Spares to go via Amazon
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi sorry to text again Just check I’m talking about the motor not the hood
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Yes I understand this, but without the actual hood model number its difficult to track down the correct part and then back track it to the hood. Once I have the hood model I can access the wiring diagram. What I suggest you have been sent in a universal motor without fitting instructions?.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is a wiring diagram inside cooker hood but can’t seem to send you a picture
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi have taken photo of inside cooker hood of wiring diagram don’t know if will help but having problem sending picture so really no help sorry
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

See if you can pull it off the hood without splitting it. You should then be able to photo it and get it across to me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please see attached wiring diagram