Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a BT18 thermostat in a hot water cylinder. the lead

Customer Question

I have a BT18 thermostat in a hot water cylinder. the white lead from the thermostat goes to a connection adjacent which appears to be a nut bolted on to the top of the cylinder. A white lead then goes from there to the terminal of the heater element. power is getting to the thermostat and to the input connection to the connection of the bolt. however it does not get to the output connection. can you diagnose the problem please
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** give me a moment whilst I look up the BT18 ~ do you have a multimeter?

Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Are you ready to go Mike?