Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My neff washing machine door won't open

Customer Question

Hi my neff washing machine door won't open
Expert:  Gavin replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I’m Gavin from JA thanks for your question. I’ll help you with your washer problem. Can you tell me if the cycle has finished or can you still see water inside?

You may receive the option of a priority service phone call, this is automatically generated from the site. There is an extra charge for this service but it is entirely optional I am more than happy to help via webchat.

Gavin

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi gavin thanks for your help. The wash had finished. Then the door wouldn't open.I tryed putting on a rinse cycle but all lights keep flashing
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is no water in there.
Expert:  Gavin replied 3 months ago.
No problem. Do you know the model at all?
Also I’m presuming it’s integrated being Neff, are you able to remove your kitchen plinth (if you have one) so you can see the bottom of the washer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it's integrated, model is w5420x1gb
And yep I've moved the point and can see the bottom
Expert:  Gavin replied 3 months ago.
Great on the right hand side you’ll see the filter have a look to see if you can see a green or red tab near it
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is a red tab. I think this is the emergency door opener but have no idea how it works
Expert:  Gavin replied 3 months ago.

Just pull down and it should release the door for you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can I send a photo of it cause I think there is something missing
Expert:  Gavin replied 3 months ago.

Yes of course

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry I've taken photo but attach it. Ive tryed pushing the small red tab to either side with a screwdriver but it's not working
Expert:  Gavin replied 3 months ago.

I'm trying to find a video for you. You should just be able to pull it down towards the floor

Expert:  Gavin replied 3 months ago.

This is quite a good video. If you skip to 2:30 they show you how to open the door with the tab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMTBeU3zbAM

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi mine doesn't look like that at all. Is it possible for you to give me your mobile number then I can send you the picture
Expert:  Gavin replied 3 months ago.

I can't post any personal info sorry as these chats are open for anyone to view. You should be able to upload direct onto the chat though.

Can you see the filter?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I know where this tab should be. But it's a flat red bit of plastic tiny size I cannot get anything around it to pull it
Expert:  Gavin replied 3 months ago.

Can you see the actual circular filter on the right?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Gavin replied 3 months ago.

Is there a small black hose next to it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
to the left of the circular filter
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think it must need a certain tool??
Expert:  Gavin replied 3 months ago.

Ok, if you get a low tray you can use that hose to drain off any excess water that is still inside then try the door again.

There's no tool for the pull tab unfortunately

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I just did that a small amount of water came out. But door still won't open. Thanks but I think I'm going to have to call someone out.
Expert:  Gavin replied 3 months ago.

Ok, no worries. Hope you get it sorted soon

Thank

Gavin