Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have just moved in and I started the refrigerator which

Customer Question

Hi I have just moved in and I started the refrigerator which doesn't get cool at all Could you advise ?
Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: I think its brand new CDA I guess as I could see on one of the trays
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I don't mind Yes I'm planning to do the work myself
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm setting the temperature and I could see it resets to a default temperature which makes it keep warm than cool
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

Can you give me the model number of you fridge/freezer please? Should be on a stuck on label on the left hand side of the refrigerator cavity.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
MODEL fw852/1
Expert:  bonzaco replied 8 months ago.

OK you have two controls on that model - one in the refrigerator that controls its temperature and one across the top that regulates the freezer. Which of the two cavities is not getting cold?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Both
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have paid for it . ?.. why is no call coming in ?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

Can you hear the motor (compressor) running at the back of the fridge?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I could see the power plugged in and all .. Do you know how to switch on a CDA refrigerator for the first time ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I mean the temperature settings are not pretty straightforward...
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.

https://www.cda.eu/connector/downloads/manual/5794/FW852_im.pdf/ this links you with the user handbook which will take you through the setup ~ if you then need further technical help come back to me.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried the exact things on the manual which we have as well. It should have defaulted to 5 c and the freezer to -18c which it didn't . We let it go for few hours as its new and its 3 days now . Could not get this to working.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Could I get the refund back as this is going no where to resolution.