Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an old fridge freezer ZXC78/31 which was working

Hi I have an old fridge freezer ZXC78/31 which was working perfectly until yesterday. Then the light was off and indicator next to it is red/Amber. Is this just the bulb that needs replacing please? It still seems to be working apart from the light? Thanks.

If the red light is lit up then the power supply is fine and as you say after 36 hours its still cold in there then the good news this will just be the light bulb in there thats failed thats all.

Just remove the light cover towards the back as it will pop off and then from there you can unscrew the old bulb and replace it from there.

So from what you say this is going to be just the bulb itself at fault here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thx Can I leave the fridge on without the bulb until tomorrow?

Yes thats not an issue. The fridge will work just fine without a bulb as this isnt an issue on these.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you