bonzaco
bonzaco, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a bosch exxcel 8 washing machine... it will not take

I have a bosch exxcel 8 washing machine... it will not take water and gives error of E29. The machine does drain and spin.. i have got checked the water pipes by plumber they are fine.. when water is connected and the machine is physically unplugged there is still water leaking from the gastic into thedrum and fills it up. Hence i have disconnected water supply.. can the inlet valve be faulty

Hi my name is Ian ~ E29 usually indicates to a faulty water inlet valve. If you let me have your ENr in the door frame I will get you the part number for it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know the part no

OK good luck guess you didn't need help after all.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just wanted a 2nd opinion ... saw it on utube...and ive already taken it out

OK you need to check the coil resistance readings and also that they are receiving 220-240 volts during fill mode.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is tht a different part? Not the inlet?... it works fine on the drain or spin mode... so isnt it the voltage should be ok
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is tht a different part? Not the inlet?... it works fine on the drain or spin mode... so isnt it the voltage should be ok?http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/customer-service/care-protection-and-parts/WAQ28461GB/12#/TabsTogglebox=spare-section-3/Togglebox=tb0404/

drain and spin do not use the inlet valve as they are exiting the water not letting it in.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can u pinpoint which part you are refering to(chk coil resistance readings via the diagram on bosch website

Bosch website ~ item 0404 Part Number 00606001 designation Valve-magnet. Looks like ~ https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/d120025-compatible-washing-machine-water-fill-valve coil resistance should be between 3.5-4K ohms.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can check if theres current but i dont have tools 2 chck the amp readings. Also there is no alternative part for this on the ukwhitegoods site. Do you know any other website to get cheaper parts

https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/d120025-compatible-washing-machine-water-fill-valve ~~ here you go, would you now kindly rate the advice given by clicking on the rating bar. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This one doesnt state the model WAQ28461GB/12

I guess that you will have to buy the genuine part if you dont think the above will fit. I wish you good luck finding a compatible part. Kindly rate the advice given as I think you have all you need to carry out the repair now.