JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

We have a candy grand vita washing machine. Its a couple of

Hi we have a candy grand vita washing machine. Its a couple of months old. Every now and then it puts - - in the display. Cant find what this means anywhere. Any ideas?

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

To better assist you could you advise me the model number, this can be found on the inside of the washer door.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi the model code is GVS 169DC3-80. Thanks

At what point does - - become displayed as it often means not applicable ie you selected an option or configuration not available, such as spin speed on a drain programme.

If this is happening mid programme then this suggests a faulty on the controller.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi, it appears at the end of a cycle. When you check the washing it hasnt been spun this has happened on 1200 and 1600 spin speed. If you then do just a rinse and spin there is no problem. Just to add the 1200/1600 was selected on a program that allows that speed (in fact as I'm sure you know it only lets you select spin options that are relevant to the program.
If its not completing the cycle and displaying - -, this points to a fault on the PCB.
I would log a warrenty call with Candy so they can attend run diagnostics and arrange a replacement PCB.
Candy Warrenty line number is ***** 923 607. You will need the serial number which can be found on the inside of the washer door.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much. Really helpful.