Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have an Amercian style fridge freezer and the ice is

Customer Question

Good morning, we have an Amercian style fridge freezer and the ice is being made but not dumping. The ice type button is stuck on water and that is working but I can't access the ice options. Can you help please?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The water filter button is red. I have ordered a new one, not sure if that makes a difference.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Good morning - what is the make and model of your fridge freezer please ~ Ian

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Ian, it is a Samsung Fridge freezer. The model number is ***** The manual has the number DA68-01453B at the bottom. Thanks, Sara
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

First off switch it off at the wall, leave it ten minutes and then switch it back on. That will do a full reset of the electronics.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Dales, our electrics were turned off the other day by builders, would've been for about an hour. But will try it again now.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Dale, no still the same when I turn it back on
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

OK leave it with me and I'll have a look at the service manual when I get to work tomorrow and come back to you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, Dale.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
HI Dale, did you find anything out? I changed the water filter but the red light is still on. Not sure if relevant. Thanks, Sara
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry, Ian!
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Yes the red light has to be cancelled by pressing certain display buttons. I'll send them over later when I get back from work.