Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Whitegoods Engineer
101089104

Kivin I have a Sumsung dryer with an HE error. Apparently I

Hi Kivin
I have a Sumsung dryer with an HE error. Apparently I need to reset. what is the key combination for my model: DV81F5E5HGW?

Hi, I'm Gavin one of the experts here at JA and I can help you with your Samsung fault.

HE error code means that there is a fault on the heating circuit and that the control board has detected this fault. To remove the error code first you need to repair the fault.

Other than leaving the power off for a few hours have you tried anything else?

You will receive an offer of a phone call please ignore this as it is generated automatically not sent by me

Many Thanks

Gavin

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I entered in service mode and restarted the dryer. Essentially following the steps here:
https://my-secure.justanswer.co.uk/question/guest/a40d1bc0ed3644e3a4e9b47bb6aaba28
I did not work. What else can I do?
regards
The first thing you need to do is to remove the rear panel that covers the heating element. There are small button thermostats attached to the top of the heater 1 has a reset button on it that you need to press. If you press it and feel and hear a click that will fix the fault on your heater circuit.Let me know how you get in with that as there are a couple of other checks to do after that has been resetMany ThanksGavin
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi ***** didn’t had the time to test you tip. Now I did and I when I remove the rear panel I find no reset button for the termostat for my model. The following picture show my dryer before and after the removal of the rear panel. Do you have any new tips on where I can find this button?

Yes, is the HE error there as soon as you switch on or does it come on after a short period?

If it does run before the error occurs remove the side panels and see if the heat pump / compressor runs at all.

Do you own a multimeter?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi GavinThe error comes as soon as I switch on the machine. What does this means?
thanks

It means the circuit board detects the fault instantly so either there is a break in the heater circuit, a faulty heat pump or faulty control board. I don't have a wiring diagram so can't see what's in the circuit. Is there a wiring diagram printed on the back of the dryer?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Finally my wife solved the issue:
Open the dryer door, push Wrinkle Prevent and Mixed Load simultaneously and switch on the machine while still pushing on the 2 buttons. The DE code appear instead of HE. Now switch off the machine and restart it.
Problem solved.