Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My fredge freezer Type KAKGUH ( quite old but fantastic) Has

my fredge freezer Type KAKGUH ( quite old but fantastic) Has a broken Hinge and the door falls off !
There are facilities to hang the door from the other side
Is it possible to get an engineer/service man to do this.I am reluctant to replace the fridge as it is woking well even after many years.
Can you help ? Please
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Siemans appliance My question 09.39 no answer yet. Are you busy ?

Hi my name is Ian ~ if you let me have the ENr for you product I'll see if the parts are still available. ENr is on the rating label inside the fridge.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Ian
E number KG32U193GB/03
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hi Ian Any luck in locating spares ?

Attached is the exploded diagram can you indicate which part you require and I'll see if it is still available --

http://www.siemens-home.bsh-group.com/uk/sparepart/finder/detail/KG32U193GB/03#/tab=spare-section-3

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hi there Ian Looked through the diagrams and saw that a door is available. It is the upper door that has a damaged hinge housing. Sadly, before I got your final reply I I went out and purchased a new fridge freezer, and I am not sure that I would have been able to fix the door anyway. Thank you for your efforts but I panicked Cheers Peter
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hi there If I was able to cancel the fridge/freezer order, would a serviceman be available to replace the door?
I would need to cancel tomorrow (TUESDAY) morning at the latest

Whats your postcode Peter?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
RM13 7EB

I would suggest that you consider which way you want to go with this - the door part number 241341 is £132.32p and an extra say £50 to fit it. It would be more cost effective for you to get the door and I will talk you through fitting it otherwise you are getting near to the cost of a new appliance.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
As this appliance is now quite old I think that I will go ahead with a new one. It will be like saying goodbye to an old friend, but that's life!
Thank you for all your effort. it is much appreciated. Cheers, Peter

OK now worries ~ would you kindly rate the advice given so that I can close the job down on the system. Thanks for using JA and see you next time.

'know'