Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a washing machine that leaks: once a wash is

Hi, I have a washing machine that leaks: once a wash is finished, the floor is badly flooded, and I recently turned it off gingerly at the mains before removing washing. Obviously I want to get it repaired as soon as possible; but I was wondering how safe it is as it is, and is there any danger of shock even though I have been turning it off at the mains; or should I just stop using it for now?

If you have it turned off at the electric mains then you are quite safe - I would also switch off the water to the appliance too. So both water and electric switch off to be safe.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Hi, thank you, ***** ***** machine has finished the wash and is quiet. Then, I switch off at mains, doing this is safe?

OK the item is quite safe now until you can get someone out to look at it.

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** using it, even though it leaks, is it too risky to actually use to wash?

If you use the washing machine there is a danger that water will run into the motor, it will then blow up the main PCB and you might as well at this point go buy a new machine. I would not recommend you use the appliance until the leak has been fixed.