bonzaco
bonzaco, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have an AEG Conpetence 6 burner commercial gas hob and a

We have an AEG Conpetence 6 burner commercial gas hob and a few of the burners are not staying on but go off when you take your finger off the switch after igniting them.We are Meals on Wheels based in Longford Town
Tel:(###) ###-####

It sounds like your thermocouples have become faulty on the burners that dont stay on. Or they are not sitting in the flame correctly.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Its not the burners it's the knob to switch them on that when you take your hand off the knob the gas goes out.

Can you give me the pnc or product code for you appliance and I will look the documents. As a quick check, if you take off the knob and turn the spindle with a pair of pliers does the gas stay on when released?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No the gas does not stay on when we take off the knob and turn the spindle with a pair of pliers.Make AEG MOD C41029G
COD C50030ADM
ORD 0651/03
No 03180011

OK I go back to my earlier comment. You press the knob and ignite the gas, the heat contacts the thermocouple which generates a voltage which keeps the gas valve open. If the thermocouple or it connector is faulty it wont generate this voltage and the valve will shut. The fact that it doesnt stay on when you took the knobs off links directly with the thermocouple fault.

'its connector'