JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

How do I disarm the child lock on my Bosch ceramic hob (when

how do I disarm the child lock on my Bosch ceramic hob (when I cancel it it still comes back on)?
Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Estimate 10-15 YEARS OLD. MODEL NO: Ceran SCHOTT(###) ###-####Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it's do-able by someone like me who is not technically minded.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The child lock came on 'by itself', i.e. without being triggered, and when it is cancelled it comes back on.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Can you provide me with the ENR number?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
PKE691E02E/01

Good morning,

Press the power button (|) and set each heating zone to level 2.

Start by turning Top Right zone off, then bottom right zone off, then top left zone off and finally bottom left zone.

Press and hold the power button for 6-8 seconds, the padlock should now no longer show on the display.

Let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am unable to select heating zones or anything else because the child lock always comes on, which can’t be turned off and prevents anything else being selected.

Sorry I thought you meant you could turn it off but after finishing using the hob you had to go back through the process of turning child lock off.