Richard Hill
Richard Hill, Customer Service
Experience:  A good general knowledge of electronics, computers and telephony. I can usually get most things fixed.
14784508

Digital cordless answering machine How do I extend the

Digital cordless answering machineHow do I extend the number of rings from the present 5 to say 8 before it records and answers?How do I delete the now full Message Box ?I was recommended to buy this machine by WHICH? but have found it to be extremely complicated

To adjust the number of rings from the handset:

1. Press MENU and enter #211

2. Use the ^ and V buttons to select the desired setting, then press SAVE and OFF.

To erase all messages press ERASE on the base station twice

I hope that helps, Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The main notice continues to state messages full. Please explain in simple language how I ERASE ALL MESSAGES in order that my box is not full. What is the BASE UNIT and which number, digit or key do I press to allow further messages to be received. Can it take more than 34 which appears to be a very limited capacity.

The Base Unit is the docking station that the phone is stored in - it has some buttons to the right of where the handset sits, one of which is labeled 'ERASE' - press this twice to erase all messages.

Regarding the capacity, the manual states:

'The total recording capacity is about 17 minutes. A maximum of 64 messages can be recorded.'

Best Regards,

Rich

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The base unit of my answering machine KX-TGK220E has no button to press on the base unit. The miniscule manual provided has no instruction as to its capacity and I am thus still unable to delete Messages Full from the handset. The Quick Guide which was sent to me with the machine is next to useless as to information.
So what do I do to delete the messages that are jamming my system please?

Apologies, I've been looking at a KX-TGD220.

I've attached the correct manual for your reference.

Regarding capacity, on pg 35 it states: 'The total recording capacity is about 30 minutes. A maximum of 64 messages can be recorded'

To erase all messages (see pg 36):

1. Press MENU and enter #325

2. Use the ^ and V buttons to select 'Yes' then press OK and OFF/Power

Best Regards,

Rich

Do you require any further assistance?

If not, I hope my answer was helpful and if so a positive star rating would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Rich