JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The Electrolux dishwasher model ESL43020 has stopped

The Electrolux dishwasher model ESL43020 has stopped working. There is a constant sound which seems like the drain or pump is on.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Its likel the washer is in a anti flood state, does the constant sound stay until you switch the machine off at the wall?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Exactly! What do I do?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
44 7889 229950 Please call this number instead. Thank you!

Further to my conversation with you, as you need assistance pulling the appliance out I would suggest you get a local handy man to attend.

Once the appliance has been pulled out (and switched off) get them to tilt the dishwasher forward at around 70 degrees to help any water run out. Then remove the sump cover inside the door, and dry inside so its bone dry. Once all water is removed stand it back up right and switch it on to see if the pump runs, if it doesnt, run it on a quick rinse cycle a couple of times to make sure its working, before putting it back in pace.

Should the pump still be running after you stand it up, its likely you have a faulty float sensor, let me know and I can talk you through the next stages.

You can source the spare part here.