JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Kenwood freezer KTF60 X15 about a year old. There

I have a Kenwood freezer KTF60 X15 about a year old. There is a constant noise from the door which I think is the alarm. The touch pad is dark and if I touch/hold any of the buttons there is no effect. If I open the door partly the lights come on briefly as I am closing it but then go off again and do not respond. If I open the door fully, then as it closes the lights come on and the pad can be activated if I quickly press the temperature, alarm or lock button. If I now change the temperature, rotating back to where it started, the noise stops for an hour or so, otherwise the noise continues. Sometimes the noise stops if I open the door fully then close it, but this does not always work. Any ideas what it might be or is just a case of contacting Kenwood? Cheers.

Hi Simon, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

It sounds like you have a faulty PCB, as this controls the control panel and the light and fans within the appliance.

You will need an engineer to come out and strip the unit down. Its worth checking with Kenwood, as most of their appliances come with a two year warranty, so this hardware failure may well be covered.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, I'll contact them.

Please let me know if you need anything further.