Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an older integrated aeg coffee machine model PE

Hi. I have an older integrated aeg coffee machine model PE 8036/m we purchased it a few years ago ex display so had never used it until now. I can switch power on but as soon as it starts it's heat up process after a few seconds it trips my rcd. Any ideas on fault and if it's viable to repair. Thanks

If its tripping the electrics out after a few seconds of using then the heater unit will be the issue here. As the heater is the only thing in there which can cause this fault as ive replaced a few over the years.

Now as to fixing this if you planning on doing this yourself then just be aware these are a complete nightmare. As you need to disconnect the copper tubes in there and split the bell housing to reveal the heater. But you need to be very carefull with the copper tubes as they can bend very easy and break.

Plus you will need to replace the seals in there as well as when you refit them they nearly always leak.

So if you do want this fixing the best option here is to get AEG in to fix it as they will have done the training on there and should be able to sort it for you. But cost wise i would think the repair will be about £170, £15 a month roughly through them as they do a repair plan for faulty appliances so that would be the better option here if you did want it fixing.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi Daniel thanks for your response. I think after reading this, I will play safe and get aeg to repair. Thanks again

That will be the better option. As it it goes wrong its on them which to be honest with these they usually do.

So im sure they will get it sorted for you.