JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Electrolux EWX147410W power to machine ok but no display or

Electrolux EWX147410W power to machine ok but no display or intermitent. Machine not working.

Hi Robin, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

When you say the display is intermittent does it come on if you bang the display?

In instances where the display does come on does it seem to function normally?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi James. If you switch supply on sometimes the display lights up but fades off. I can trace power to the machine when it's turned on but it doesn't seem to power programmer. I suspect programme board?

There are two PCB's the main one which handles the display panel inputs etc, and then the one which handles the dryer components. Based on the fact the display is fading on and off I think you need a new main PCB, which can be sourced here for around £180, this comes already pre-configured. You can buy cheaper ones but they need programmed and that requires specific smart cards.

However based on the cost of the PCB I would suggest you should opt for a fixed price repair and protect plan from D&G, details here, for the same price as the part it will cover, parts, labour and then give you a further years warranty.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for that. I've made a note on the options and I'll leave it up to the elderly gentleman. Thanks again.

Ok please rate the service using the star rating above so I can close the case.