Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hotpoint hui611x induction cooker. Last night after

I have a Hotpoint hui611x induction cooker.
Last night after making dinner, both right hand side plates started flashing an F5 error code.I tried resetting by leaving stove powerless overnight, but no joy.The left hand side plates work fine, as do both ovens.Any suggestions?

If you are getting F5 error code and only the left hand side of the hob works then im afraid the power board for the induction plates is faulty.

To be honest when ever you get a fault with induction hobs its always the power board as the magnetic plates never fail.

On this model theres only 1 power board in there. But internally on the board its split into 2 so one side power the left and the other the right.

That will be why the left hand side still works.

But on these im afraid its a case of replacing the control board on these to cure the fault.

Sorry its not the news you wanted to hear but the power board for the induction hob will be the fault and will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your reply.
Do you know what part # needs replacing and if there are instructions somewhere regarding replacing the part?

The part number is *****

As for fitting im afraid they dont come with instructions but to fit it you need to remove the hob top to access it.

To do this theres 2 screws at the back.

Then remove the control knobs and open the top oven door and there will be 2 or 3 screws on the underside of the control panel.

Remove these and slid the panel to the left and it will come off.

Then you will see 2 screws holding the front of the hob top on.

With them removed the hob top will lift off from there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My dad is an electrical engineer, so think we should be o.k with replacement, though always useful to know how to remove the parts.That part number shows under a variety of names (Indesit, Whirlpool etc) is it a common part to all brands?

Indesit, Hotpoint and Whirlpool are all the same brands as they are owned by Whirlpool so dont worry about that.

If your dad is an electrical engineer then he should be able to sort it easy for you.

As to removing the part is stright fowards as its just screwed down.

Once you have the top off you can work it all out from there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
THanks for all your help