JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My large 274l freezer was moved 6 times for a workman to

Customer Question

Hi My large 274l freezer was moved 6 times for a workman to reach a gas pipe. It was shunted forward and backward. A day after it had been moved for the final time it exploded cutting all the power and it no longer reached the correct temperature. Would the explosion have been caused by the movement of the freezer or was it co-incidental?Thank you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Apologies the freezer was a zanussi
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Please can you let me know when I am likely to have a reply
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Hi Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

The 'explosion' I assume is a rupture in the cooling system where the coolant gas escaped.

Fringes and Freezers are not designed to be shunted, this most certainly would have weakened the coolant pipes. Do you have the model number of the Zanussi freezer, as I can then confirm if the exact manufacture recommendations for relocating the freezer, in most (if not all) they recommend powering the appliance off for some hours before moving, and moving it off the ground now walking or shunting it.

Please let me know if you need anything further.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi yes it is zfu25200wa
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 months ago.

Ive checked the manual and it just has a vague reference to taking care when moving.

However based on the fault you reference I would agree this is more likely related to 'not taking care when moving'.

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Ive not heard back from you in some time is there anything else I can help you with Customer?

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 months ago.

Ive not heard back to you in some time do you need anything further before I close the case?