Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I was removing ice from my freezer and probably punctured

Hi. I was removing ice from my freezer and probably punctured the gas canister as gas started to escape inside the freezer. What should I do?

If you have punctured the evaporator im afraid theres nothing you can do on this. As if this has happened then it will need a new evaporator and depending on the model some cannot be repaired as its all part of the liner.

As the gas has escaped then open the windows and door just to let the air in and it should clear the gas pretty quick as it disspures quickly this gas.

Just dont smoke or light a gas hob for 20 minutes or so as depending on the gas some can be flameable.

But im afaid if you have punctured the evaporator you will be best to get a new one as fixing this just wont be worth it and thats if it can be fixed.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Daniel. The gas appears to be trapped inside the freezer. Should I therefore open the freezer door to let the gas out?

Yes you will need to open the freezer door to let it out.

Now it wont smell nice as it going to be the gas mixed with oil so once the gas has escaped then you can close the door.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok thanks very much

Your welcome.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.