JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Neff induction hob that has just stopped working

Customer Question

Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: None of the sensor buttons are working not even the main on off one the E-nr T43D20N0/01
Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: It is a Neff
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No never beforee
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If I can find out what the problem is and get the part yes I will fix it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will help with your query today.

Do you get any error message shown on the hob, and have you tried turning it off using the red isolater button on the wall, giving the buttons a good clean (so free from debris and grease), then turn it back on and see if the buttons start to register an input.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello James yes I have tried turning the isolated off and have made sure that power is getting to the hob, I will turn it off now and leave it off till the morning and message you tomorrow
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Good morning, just want to follow up to see how you got on? Please make sure you clean the glass (heating zones and buttons) before turning it back on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good morning
The hob is clean and dry but the hob is still not working
There are red lines light coming on on the odd occasion but still not fully working
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do you have any idea what the problem might be please
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the delay in responding, it suggests the control module has failed this takes the input from the buttons and passes it to the PCB which activates the cooker.

The part can be sourced from Neff for for around £170 here, based on the cost I would suggest you opt for a fixed price repair and protect plan such as the one here which covers all parts, labour and then gives you a further years warranty and is about £10 cheaper than the part!

Please let me know if you need anything further.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 month ago.

Ive not heard back from you in some time is there anything else I can help you with?

Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Ive not heard back to you in some time do you need anything further before I close the case?