Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Zanussi ZKC 6020W Free Standing Double oven Cooker

I have a Zanussi ZKC 6020W Free Standing Double oven Cooker the main oven is not heating up the eliment looks ok the control switch clicks when you turn it . The fan and oven light are working ok. so not sure wiether its eliment, thermastat or is there a fuse in the back ?? if you can help and suggest what part I need to replace I would be grastefull if you could also tel me what panels I will need to take off. as when I replaced the grill eliment I took off a lot more panels than I needed to. Cheers Roger

When you select the main oven setting does the small thermostat light on the control panel come on when you turn it on like the top oven?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I forgot to say always did but doesn't now since oven hasn't worked every thing else on cooker working fine just no heat in oven eloment doesn't look blown

Ok if the thermostat light isnt coming on then its more then likely the thermostat itself. Were as if the thermostat light came on then it could be te heater.

Also i assume the clock is set and isnt flashing?

If thats fine then just try this. Turn the power off and open the top of the door and look under the front trim of the hob and there you will see 3 screws.

Remove these and then you can lift the hob top up a bit.

From there check the thermostat as in the past ive found it has come off the back of the selector switch as it should just push on there.

If it has refit it and see of this cures it.

But if the thermostat is still in place then its going to be a faulty thermostat itself which will need to be replaced to cure this.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks will do that. I'm a Pensioner and have to survive on just state pension so couldn't aford to payout to much to check which one I would need to replace or replace something I didn't need to. Very Happy with the advice and help . Roger

Your very welcome. From what you say the element will be fine as its sounding like its the thermostat here.

If you could remember to click the star ratings at the top of the page that would be great.