Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Electrolux Built-In electric oven. The light bar

I have an Electrolux Built-In electric oven. The light bar is on but the display is blank and the touch pad buttons are not working. Basically, I can't get it working. I have tried switching on and off with no result.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
EOC68000X

Thanks for that. As you have the light bar on then we know the power supply to the oven is fine.

So in this case its either the saefty thermostat at the back thats failed or the main control board.

What you need to do if checking yourself is turn the power off to the oven and then remove it from the housing. Open the door and theres a screws either side holding it to the unit.

Once it out remove the top and the back panel.

From there look on the back of the oven and there you will find a small thermostat with 2 wires on it.

You need to test this and see if faulty.

But if the safety thermostat is fine then im afraid its going to be a power board fault. As he power enters and goes to this board so if its not powering up then im afraid its looking like the power board itself will be the fault here im afraid and will need to be replaced.

But given the oven is around 10 years old it isnt going to be a cheap fix im afraid as these are very expensive.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks Daniel, I don;t think it's the thermostat as there would at least be a readout on the display and an inability to heat up, but the whole of the front panel is dead and unresponsive. I'll have to get an Electrolux engineer out. Many thanks for your help.