Gavin
Gavin, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Whitegoods Engineer
101089104

I have a zanussi fridge freezer ...about three years old

I have a zanussi fridge freezer ...about three years old that has been making a loud noise when the dood is shut. I have stripped it down internally and removed all the ice that had built up. I put it all back together again and it is still making a noise. It definately appears to be the fan but I wouldnt have thought that I would need to replace it so soon?
I have a zanussi fridge freezer ...about three years old that has been making a loud noise when the dood is shut. I have stripped it down internally and removed all the ice that had built up. I put it all back together again and it is still making a noise. It definately appears to be the fan but I wouldnt have thought that I would need to replace it so soon? Thanks
Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Sorry for typing twice! It is a ZRB35213WA about three years old
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think I covered all the details I can think of

Hi thanks for your question. I'm Gavin and I'll help you with your fridge freezer fault. When you stripped it down did you remove all the internal panel so that you could see the evaporator and the fan motor?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did....unplugged the fan and took away all the ice from the condenser

If you remove the covering panel and turn it back on does it still make the noise. Also the fan blade should be adjustable along the shaft of the fan motor so you can move it if you need to. Another test you can perform is to remove the fan blade and run it this will rule out the motor itslef

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I have been stripping the freezer down again. I am hard of hearing so I will try to follow your instructions this way please
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Justseen the above reply...I will try that

Great, keep me posted... the fan blade and fan motor are sold separately so its important to figure out which one is causing the problem

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The motor seems fine but when I put the fan blade back on the shaft it doesn't 'click' onto the shaft and is just wobbling..

Sounds like it will just need a replacement fan motor then. That's good news as its much cheaper than the motor

I'll just source one for you now

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
If the motor is ok do I not just need a new blade?

Yes. Here's a link for you below.

I'd really appreciate it if you could click the stars to rate my help today. If you need anymore help please click reply and I'll be happy to help.

https://www.4ourhouse.co.uk/fan/product.pl?pid=2296909&query=ZRB35213WA

This is a better link than the last one.

Please remember to click on the stars

https://shop.zanussi.co.uk/search/?text=2086258023

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you Gavin...help much appreciated. Will rate for you

Many Thanks