Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Following a power cut our Baumatic B724SS-A the clock

Customer Question

Following a power cut our Baumatic B724SS-A the clock display has blanked out and the lower oven does not work. The upper oven is fine.
Expert:  Gavin replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Gavin and I'll help you with your oven fault. When you had the power cut did you need to reset any of the switches or breakers?

Please ignore pop up for phone call it is automatically sent

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Power was connected as the smaller upper oven and grill is still working.
Expert:  Gavin replied 4 months ago.

Do you own a multi meter?

If you remove the rear panel of the of the cooker there will be a thermostat that looks like this

https://www.4ourhouse.co.uk/thermostat/product.pl?pid=271881&query=B724SS

You need to test it to see if it is working properly

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do own one but its over in Spain at the moment!!
I have been told it could be an element failure and this is a safety issue. Could this be correct?
Expert:  Gavin replied 4 months ago.

It's possible that the element could be faulty but that alone won't be the cause of lack of power to the clock.

When the power enters the appliance all the cables go to a central connector which then go off to where they need to be. The circuit for the clock is normally linked with the circuit for the oven so that you are able to program start / stop times for the oven to come on. On the back of the oven is a small thermostat (picture) which is usually in line with the power to the clock. If the element becomes faulty and overheats this thermostat cuts out for safety which cuts the power to the clock and the oven. The top oven and grill are powered from a different circuit inside the oven which is why it stays operational