Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have just defrosted my freezer and now turned it back on

Customer Question

I have just defrosted my freezer and now turned it back on and it won't stop beeping. It usually does this when I'm defrosting it, but today it started after I had finished. Please help. Thanks
Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: I have no idea as it is built in to my unit. There is only one dial setting which I have put to 1.5, it goes up to 5
Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Work? I don't want to have to do a y work on it. All I have done is defrost it.
Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I don't think so. As I say, it usually makes this noise towards the end of the defrost but today it happened once Id turned it back on again and it won't stop and it's driving me mad!!
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Can you post the make and model number please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's Firenzi. That's all I can tell you I'm afraid
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

If this is a freezer only then the model number is ***** on a sticker inside the freezer behind the drawers either being the top one or bottom one.

But if fridge freezer then it may be on a sticker inside the fridge section behind the salad box.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No nothing at all. The beeping is changing
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Are you able to post a picture of the controls please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have tried to send but it went to the initial e-mail I got
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

You should be able to up load it on here.

Click the paper clip icon on the tool bar were you type and you cna upload it here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have no tool bar at present while messaging you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok so is this just a freezer only?

Is it electronic controlled?

If so then is there an alarm reset button? if so if you press this is the beeping not stopping?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's a fridge freezer and I'm boy sure what you mean by electronic controlled? It's plugged in at the wall socket and that's it. There is no alarm reset button anywhere! ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 months ago.

Ok im afraid im unable to help here. As without a model number i have no idea what kind of appliance this is and how its controlled.

Sorry but i will have to opt out here im afraid.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK I understand. I hope I will have a refund for the £20 I spent then?